GROUP OF ACTIVITIES 1
Introduce the best practices and governance tools of solid waste management for local authorities – based on EU approaches
- To organize expert studies of the existing state of waste management by Romanian experts in Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat.
- To organize a cross-border workshop with participation of all partners to discuss the existing environmental situation in partner countries and share Moldavian experience in the field of waste management.
- To develop and publish guidelines on waste management and innovative technologies in English, Romanian, Georgian and Armenian.
- To organize a study tour in Romania for the representatives of Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat for sharing their experiences in municipal waste management.
- To organize a study tour for Armenian participants to Kutaisi to learn the experience of organic waste composting.
- To organize trainings for target groups in waste management and innovative technologies.
- To develop Waste Management Action Plans for Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat.
- To initiate sorted collection of waste in Kutaisi and waste composting in Ararat in pilot territories.
GROUP OF ACTIVITIES 2
Increase target groups’ and public awareness in the field of solid waste management and recycling
- To organize training-seminars for Environmental NGOs to Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat about waste management modern practices.
- To create a database of the Black Sea Basin Environmental NGOs in Georgia, Moldova and Armenia.
- To organize training-seminars for mass media representatives to Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat about ecological education and waste management.
- To implement environmental educational programmes in pilot schools in Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat.
- To develop a Manual on Waste Management for local authorities and mass media, and Coloring Books for schools in Romanian, Georgian and Armenian.
- To implement an information campaign on general environmental issues, waste management, recycling and composting.
- To implement environmental actions for Black Sea Day in partner countries.
- To establish a Waste Management Public Centre.
GROUP OF ACTIVITIES 3
Visibility of the Project
- Develop and publish booklets about the project in English and native languages.
- Organize project presentations in Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat.
- Create quarterly newsletters about project progress.
- Develop and publish posters about the project.
- Create website and up-date.
GROUP OF ACTIVITIES 4
Management and coordination of the Project
- Organize meetings of the Coordination Group.
- Organize on-line conferences of the Coordination Group.
- Implement project monitoring.
- Survey beneficiaries on project progress.
- Organize final conferences in Georgia, Moldova and Armenia.