The Project Aim
To contribute to the improvement of environmental quality and reducing river littering in rural areas by supporting the introduction of modern practice of waste management and environmental awareness raising through the cross-boundary cooperation and cross-sectoral partnership in Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and Romania.
Specific Objectives of the Project
Increasing capacity of the selected rural communities of Georgia, Armenia and Moldova by sharing and introducing the European approaches and experience of the 3R principle of waste management.
The development of transboundary cooperation and cross-sectoral partnership for anti-littering protection, public awareness raising and environmental education in rural areas of Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and Romania.
Project duration – 24 months
Project implementation started on May 1st, 2020
Main Activities of the Project
- Sharing the EU experience and best practice of waste separation/recycling in rural Study tour to Galati (Romania) for representatives of Georgia, Armenia and Moldova.
- Introduction of plastic and paper collection in 7 rural communities of Tskaltubo and Khoni municipalities (Georgia) and 4 rural communities of Dilijan and Vanadzor Municipalities (Armenia).
- Plastic and aluminum collection in tourist areas of Tskaltubo municipality.
- Establishment of the Consultation and Education Point on Recycling in Ungheni (Moldova), for the introduction of Ungheni City's waste separation experience in the rural communities of Ungheni district.
- Promotion of composting in the selected rural communities of Georgia, Armenia and Moldova.
- Preparation of the Municipal Waste management Plan of Dilijan Municipality (Armenia).
- Preparation of Local Environmental Action Plans for Tskaltubo and Khoni Municipalities (Georgia).
- Anti-Littering education program regarding river and marine litter problems and the 3R principle of waste management in Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and Romania.
- Trainings on 3R principles of waste management for target groups.
- Publications on rivers litter and modern waste management.
- Clean up events in Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and Romania.
- The Summer Green Camps for youth in Georgia and Moldova.
- National Forums on waste-free rural areas in Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and Romania.
- Establishment of the cross-boundary network “Rural Areas Without Waste” with participation of representatives of Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and Romania.
- Information campaign in Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and Romania.