Training-seminars for representatives of local authorities and waste management services of Kutaisi, Ungheni and Ararat were conducted. These training-seminars were aimed at transfer of knowledge about modern waste management approaches and European Union policies and practices in this field. These training-seminars considered the following issues:
- European Union directives in the field of waste management;
- Romanian experience in integrated waste management;
- Waste management hierarchy;
- Modern landfills;
- Waste recycling and composting; and
- Local waste management legislation and existing challenges.